Monday, February 14, 2005

Killing Me Softly

I felt all flushed with fever
Embarassed by the crowd
I felt he found my letters
And read each one out loud
I prayed that he would finish
But he just kept right on
Strumming my pain with his fingers
Singing my life with his words
Killing me softly with his song

Having someone discover your blog unexpectedly can put you at a menacing handicap. Once "outed," I simply disappeared. Now I think I'm back.

Journaling has always been cathartic to me. Sometimes I write knowing I never want to see what has been written once it is completed. It is that I only desire the process of purging the thoughts and ideas into tangible representative symbols on a computer screen or piece of paper.

Other times, the recorded thoughts and subsequent reminiscence is worth the cataloging. Acknowledging the documented "then and now" can only illustrate life's growing pains, right?

Nevertheless, the addition of online "publishing" has added another aspect of journaling that I have grown to appreciate (and despise) in an effort to capture a collective journey of individuals caught up in this cyber hustle.

Am I up for this ride, again?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.

malik m.l. williams said...

He's back!!! (And it only took Valentine's Day to do it.) Glad to see you posting again, baby.