Thursday, August 21, 2003

I Can't Get No Satisfaction...

Do we ever reach a point where we are self-satisfied? Will there ever be that day when I can sit back and just simply exhale? Life is so damn demanding. One hurdle after another. Where is fulfillment? I guess the eternal point of satisfaction comes with death. Ain't shit to worry about then!

EB's facing hardship. It seems to be contagious these days. But the question is, what about that bullshit they call Karma? If you have to struggle to get from point A to point B...is bad Karma the struggle or good Karma reaching point B!? I mean, I know hella people who have been evil or simply lackadaisically living...yet it is my perception that they don't know rivers.

Nevertheless, I was talking to a coworker today about growing up in the rural south. We were seriously reminiscing...to the point where you get that blank stare where your eyes don't blink for like 45 seconds! I thought my cousins and I were the only ones who used to go out in the damn wildnerness and eat sour grass ("sour cuz of dog piss"), honeysuckles (tearing up a damn flower for a drop of nector the size of a pin head), wild blackberries (a rattlesnake's home) and plums (shaking the big juicy ones out of the top of the tree).

Now, that's self-satisfaction.

No comments: